Acme Threaded Inserts compared to Keensert® Inserts and Keysert® Inserts
Acme Keylocking Threaded Inserts are often compared to Keensert® inserts. (Keensert is a registered trademark of Huck Patents, Inc). A product similar to Keensert® inserts is the Keysert® insert. (Keysert is a registered trademark of Howmet Aerospace Fastening Systems.) Another style of insert is the Heli-Coil® insert, which is compared on another page. All these inserts are used for thread repair or to bolster the strength of the thread in a parent material, like aluminum for OEM purposes.
Acme Keylocking Threaded Inserts, Keensert® and Keysert®-style inserts are easy to install with standard drills and taps. The inserts are threaded in by hand, without the need of a pre-winder tool. Accidental cross-threading is nearly impossible when using these Keylocking Threaded Inserts.
When an Acme Keylocking Threaded Insert, Keensert® or Keysert® -style insert needs to be removed, the material between the keys is drilled out with a standard drill, the keys are bent inward to break off, and a standard screw extractor is used. If a removed insert needs to be replaced, the new insert can be placed into the original tapped hole.
Acme can manufacture special Keylocking Threaded Inserts to meet a user’s specific requirements.
Acme’s MS/NAS Style Inserts are produced to the following standards: MS51830, MS51831, MS51832, NAS1394, NAS1395, NA0146, NA0147, NA0148, NA0149, NA0150, and NA0151
Acme also manufactures a complete line of Industrial Style Keylocking Inserts.
The Acme Advantage
- Acme manufactures Miniature, Lightweight, Heavy Duty, and Extra Heavy Duty types with Non-locking and Self-locking internal threads
- Acme manufactures a full range of Inch and Metric sizes in coarse or fine pitch thread
- Acme offers Keylocking Inserts with metric internal threads and inch external threads
- Acme inserts for specific uses are available in floating, blind end, solid, and cast-in configurations
- Acme Industrial Style inserts can be purchased in bulk quantities or kit
- All Acme inserts are made in the USA
- All Acme inserts are DFARS compliant
- Acme’s Quality Management System is AS9100:D and ISO 9001:2015 registered